Day trip to Valkenburg
Day trips in and around Valkenburg
Nestled in the center of the beautiful Geul Valley is the city of Valkenburg. Its rejuvenating spas, lively restaurants, heated pavement cafes, numerous boutiques and interesting historical buildings all combine to make it a unique place of interest. Getting there from Hotel Kadampa Holland is a breeze; you can take a leasurely 35 minute walk along the scenic river Geul and through an enchanting forest. Alternatively right around the corner of the Hotel is the train station that has service to Valkenburg every 30 min. If you're bringing your bike, you can choose the forest route (10 min) or enjoy the rolling countryside on the scenic backroads to the city.
Once there, you can treat yourself to the many attractions of Valkenburg:
- Relax in one of Europe's top health spas at Thermae 2000
- Enjoy the culinary delights of one of the dozens of cafes and restaurants that line the main streets.
- Explore the extensive underground cave networks that date back 2000 years (by foot or mountain bike)
- Have a peak in the peaceful home of the local hermitage
- Invite your friends for an English High Tea in the steam train between Valkenburg and Simpelveld
- Stroll around the castle garden of "Kasteeltuin Oud-Valkenburg" and visit the castle mill
- Check out the Middle Age castle ruins that sit atop the Cauberg hill, Valkenburgs most well know landmark
- Enjoy a summer evening at the Open Air theatre (June to October)
- or visit the Christmas markets in the extensive underground cave network of the Velvet Cave or Community Hall Cave (from 20 November until 23 December)
Please visit the tourist information site of Valkenburg for more information.